5 questions

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

These are the questions I seem to be getting a lot lately at social functions. 

1.  How old is your little one? 
     A. Sisi is almost 20 months. 
Which leads promptly to...
2.  Are you going to add another little one to your clan soon? 
     A.  Not yet, but hopefully soon!  I'd like to be able to surf on our Costa Rica trip in January, and you can't do that with a baby bump!  Sounds like a stupid reason to postpone babymaking, but really, we're in no rush.   Also, I'm in 2 weddings in August, and it'd be nice to not be too pregnant to travel to them. 
3.  Now that you're on the paleo diet, what are you going to eat if you get pregnant again? 
     A. I have no idea!  I lived on pretzels and mac n' cheese during my first pregnancy.  I hope that even if meat makes me squeamish, fresh fruits and veggies and plantain chips will still be appealing.  Crossing fingers. 
4.  Would you do a natural birth again?  
     A.  Absolutely!  No doubt about that.  It was way more pain than I expected, but it was also a swift, smooth birth and I trusted my midwife completely.  I would love to have a similar birth experience next time, Lord willing.  Same midwives, same doula, and same hot tub in my living room :)
5.  Do you miss the flower business?
    A.  Yes, and No .  When I see the amazing work my industry friends continue to put out there in magazines and blogs, I miss it and wish I could join them. But I love being a stay at home mom way more.  It's my dream job, and  I keep striving to do it more excellently.  I get just as much pleasure doing a few floral arrangements for friends' baby showers  than I do making a huge flower-drenched wedding arch.  I now realize that I love flowers a lot more than I love owning a flower business.  Plus, my accessories boutique is the perfect outlet for my creativity.  I enjoy crafting just as much as I enjoy floral design. 

So there ya go!  In case you were at all curious :)



5 comments:

Sarah Gregson September 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM  

So fun! Cora is only 9 months and people have started asking me when we're going to have another...geez, give me a year at least!
Question: Being a Berkeley grad (Go Bears!) have you ever had overachiever moments wondering if you should be doing more with your education? I've been struggling a lot with that lately and I can usually talk overachieving self into believing that being at home with my daughter is crazy, super important (which I honestly believe and I'm so lucky to be able to do!), but I was wondering if/how you've dealt with this or something similar.

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn September 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM  

HI Sarah!
I was a psych major, so I feel like I use bits and pieces of my education every day (esp. regarding cognitive and child development!) Even at cal, I was fairly certain I wanted to be a stay at home mommy, so I've had lots of time to prepare for this. It's for that reason I didn't go to grad school to pursue psychology as a career. Also, when starting my floral biz, I knew that I'd have to end it at some point, so I was careful not to invest in it too much or create a business that was too big to shut down. Having said that, if I didn't have my accessories boutique, I would definitely be craving some sort of outlet. When Sisi grows up, I do hope to go to grad school and become a psychologist someday. I feel like there is plenty of time for career, right now it's all about the kiddos! Does that answer your question? I guess I was lucky enough to choose a broad major that has a lot of practical application in life :)

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn September 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM  

And it's always good to be an educated mommy! The more I know (and continue to learn) the more savvy I will be as a mom. I hope to pass on that love of learning to sisi, too.

Sara September 22, 2012 at 6:26 PM  

Hi Kristin! I just wanted to say that I got nauseous at the thought of meat last pregnancy too, but I can totally eat it this time! Last time I was sooooo caught off guard by the nausea that I ate crackers and sugary things all the time because I thought that was all I could handle. This time I've been avoiding gluten (when I can), and limiting my sugar intake (unless I am throwing up repeatedly and need like a dextrose tablet to get my blood sugar up). I am only 14 weeks and I am already able to eat beef and easy-to-digest veggies! I think that with your diet changes you'll do so much better too. Much love!

Sara September 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM  

Oh and that's totally not a silly reason to wait to get pregnant again. I decided that if I didn't get pregnant in June, then I would wait until January. I refused to go through the holidays again before 20 weeks (when the HG is most severe). :)

Post a Comment