Instafriday 6/14/2012

Friday, June 15, 2012

life rearranged

Have a peek at my week, through my droid...

I mentioned before we have an aphid problem.  We chose the most "green" way to solve it.  Buy  1500 ladybugs on amazon to eat said aphids.  I know ladybugs are cute on their own, but 1500 of anything becomes just creepy.  I made Joe unleash the critters as I almost gagged.

 From the garden to the tabletop.  Don't assume we're great suburban farmers or anything- that lettuce is the only successful produce we've grown.  I guess all the vegies that have died in that planter allowed that lettuce to burst forth. Thank you, sacrificial vegies!
Enjoyed a playdate with church friends!  Aime made a delicious lunch and spent at least an hour blowing up this kiddie pool for Sisi and Aurea (who I'm forcing to be Sisi's best friend.) 
 Joe is AWESOME and built an epic 8 foot sandbox for Sisi.  He also lugged all 30 bags of sand (50lbs each) to the backyard without a wheelbarrow.  With a sprained knee.  Such a manly man!

 
I suppose I do feed him well... "pizza" frittata, sake steamed mussels, bacon-wrapped meatloaf :)

That's all I got right now.  Have a beautiful weekend!


3 comments:

Lacey June 16, 2012 at 4:02 AM  

Joe is looking well fit - must be lugging all that sand! Sisi's sandbox looks awesome.

Oh and yeah, ladybugs = creepy. I'm with you on that.

Unknown June 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM  

That many ladybugs would creep me out too! Nice sandbox and that salad looks so pretty, yummy, and healthy!
Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

Post a Comment