My Mother's Day

Monday, May 14, 2012

elmo is her copilot

My Mother's Day weekend was wonderful.  The weather is so springy, and I happen to be borrowing my in-law's convertible sports car until we can find a vehicle.  It's HILARIOUS to see me cruise around town with the top down and Sisi's hair blowing in the wind.  I could get used this :) 

First things first, because it seems to be the thing that mom's like most about Mother's Day, Joe did let me sleep in on Saturday and Sunday while he fed Sisi her breakfast.  I guess I'm spoiled because he ALWAYS lets me sleep in on Saturday.  Don't be jealous!

We celebrated with my mom on Saturday, and enjoyed a pungent lunch at Garlic Joe's. I broke my diet for this dessert platter (which included mounds of garlic ice cream ;)  I highly recommend this place- it's creative and super affordable, considering it's high-end location on PCH next to a Masserati dealer.





Sunday we had coffee at my fav coffee shop while Sisi napped in her stroller (I didn't know she could still do that!)
and then we headed off to brunch at Capital Grille in South Coast Plaza.  The buffet was spectacular, with mimosas and seafood galore.  Buffets are awesome because us paleo folks can always find something yummy to fill our plates with.  I did break my diet for the cheesecake and fudge cookies.
 

We came home, and I crafted in front of Mad Men on netflix for a few hours, then hit the hay around 10pm.

Joe didn't really get me a gift or anything, which sort of peeved me for about 5 minutes, but I got over it.  I get to stay home every day with my little one while he works to support our family.  He makes me coffee every morning, does the night-night routine every night, and is in general a fantastic hubby and daddy. Basically, every day feels kinda like Mother's Day.  But don't think I'm not going online right now to buy myself a present :)  See ya!

4 comments:

Sarah May 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM  

Oh my goodness sisi is killing me with cool cuteness with her looks and sunglasses. I'm glad you had such a nice mothers day. and don't worry about not getting a gift. I had to dedicate whole bog post to what i wanted for mothers day and ask my hubs if he read it lol!

- Sarah
agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Rachel May 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM  

Sisi has such attitude with those glasses!

So good to see you this weekend, lady!

courtney toney May 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM  

Glad you had a good mothers day! :)

We decided to not give gifts for mothers & fathers day this year, which goes against my nature (I am a major gift giver- definitely my love language). I felt sorry for myself for about 5 minutes two while everyone was posting what gifts they got. Then I got over it and was so thankful for my husband and what a gift he is to me :)

courtney toney May 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM  

I love that you & sisi are rocking the convertible too :)

Post a Comment