Siena At 15 Months

Monday, April 23, 2012

Our hearts are stretched to the max with love for our 15 month old baby girl.  Or toddler??  Can it be?

YES, she took her first steps a few days ago. 5 quick little steps while drinking from her bottle- then she realized what she was doing and plop, her diaper butt hit the floor.  I laugh-cried when it happened.  I was so happy-sad to see her cross into toddler-dome on tip-toe. I'm full of mixed emotions these days.  Since then, she'll take about 10 deliberate steps a day, but is quite cautious about walking.  She's in no hurry.

we started the shoot off on the right foot with fuel and cuddles
 The rain let up for a few moments, and I put on her cute trenchcoat (Thanks Trista!) and headed outside for pics.  Didn't even have time to put shoes on the poor kid, although I know she prefers bare feet. She's quite the hippie. 
from right to left (*edit: I mean, from left- I am notorious for mixing up the two!) :  golf swing, exploring, smiling, dancing like elaine from seinfeld :)
I made these fun geometric kids' headbands out of cotton, felt and contrasting thread.  They were a happy accident actually- the result of trying to make leaf shapes with my sewing machine :/  Turns out, straight lines are easier than curved lines, so I rolled with it and made prisms instead. Don't they look like little makeshift crowns?  I'll be adding these to the site soon.

This one below is my favorite- sherbert colors and navy blue stitching.


 She found a spiky thingamabob, and looks quite pleased!
 My sweet little Angel face. Her face is very squarish, like a legoman head (in a cute way.)
And those feet!  I could nibble them all day long (Don't worry, I'd clean them first!)
It just keeps getting better! 
  • Talking, singing, grooving.
  • She babbles so animatedly as she "reads" out loud (usually with the book upside down!) 
  • She uses baby talk and bats her eyelashes to ask for something...
  • ...then she throws a tantrum if we don't give it to her. 
  • After the tantrum has run it's course, she comes crawling into my lap for cuddles as she chants "hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm"  and plays with my necklace to soothe herself.  It's heartbreaking and sweet.  She's been doing the chanting to soothe herself since 4 months old when she learned to fall asleep on her own.  Since then, she applies it to all sorts of situations, like when she can't figure out how to work a toy.
  • Her eyes are still blue, but hazel in the sun.  Still not sure what they will become. 
  •  Her hair is getting lighter and lighter, almost dirty blonde.
  • We're only nursing 1x a day now.  I'm glad we've kept breastfeeding going this long, but I'm not sure how much longer I can stretch it out.  Tonight she latched on, pulled off, looked at me and said "nada".  Coincidence, I'm sure, but it rang true.
THANK YOU JOE FOR ALL THE PICS!  YOU'RE THE BEST DADDY AND HUSBAND EVER!

6 comments:

Sarah April 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM  

You ladies both look so lovely. Those headbands are so cuuutee! I love the bare feet =)

- Sarah
agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Jen C April 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM  

Siena just keeps getting more and more adorable. Rebecca just looked at this post and recognized Siena without anything prompting...she said "Siena walking" and then said "Siena ditty feet" - she has a thing about things being dirty these days!

Paisley Ann April 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM  

Oh my goodness K, she is so sweet. And your outfit. You look even more gorgeous than you did in h.s.

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn April 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM  

Jen- that's impressive! I can't believe Becca is talking so well, and can recognize Sisi after only meeting her a handfull of times. Wow!

Rachel April 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM  

I can't believe how adult she's looking! It's crazy!

Freckles Chick April 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM  

Beautiful pics! Wow, is Sisi already 15 mo. old & toddling now?! I could just nibble her toes right off, dirt & all. I'm not afraid. =] Sisi's adorable as ever but YOU, Mama, are looking fabulous too!

So heartbreakingly sweet about her chanting. Quinnie does a humming thing to fall back asleep & I've been noticing she'll do it whilst nursing every once in a while. It's the sweetest yet pitiful little sound!

LOVE these updates so much. =]

Post a Comment