My 7 Day Hair Challenge

Monday, March 19, 2012

I've grown tired of rolling my hair into a chignon and clipping it with a dorky plastic hair claw.  I need to broaden my hairstyle horizons. And flipping my part from left to right isn't broad enough.   They say it takes 7 times to create a new habit, so I challenged myself to try a new hairstyle every day for 1 week.  The style had to be easy, comfortable, and practical for a mommy.  Take a look!

***EDIT: apparantly I got extra-extra credit.  That's 9 hairstyles, Kristin!  Duh!  I guess I lost track of the days.

8 quick everyday hairstyles, plus 1 extra credit
Day 1.  super chilly day, so I just went with a knit head wrap.  easy peasy!
Day 2.  sock doughnut bun, ala m loves m
Day 3.  reaped the benefits of the previous day's sock doughnut bun, and just fluffed the curls.
Day 4.  fishtail braid (longer hair would be better for this!)
Day 5. rainy day cheat day with a vintage head scarf (secret- it's actually a headband!  soon-to-be-listed on petal and thorn)
Day 6: messy pony tail with volume a la youtube
Day 7:  top knot with ribbon necklace wrapped around it, and a skinny headband.
Day 8:  super messy bun with hand-beaded twill tape headband (soon-to-be-listed on petal and thorn!)
*:  extra credit- on day 6, I wasn't feeling the ponytail (my bump looked crazy and I was getting a headache) so I decided to try a lace braid tucked into the hair, a la lauren conrad.  perfect hairdo to tuck away those awkward post-partum baby hairs!

Lessons learned:  I needed this challenge.  It took me 5 times to get the sock doughnut bun down. I would have given up on any normal day, but I forced myself to get it right for this blog post.  Now it's my go-to hairstyle and produces the most lovely curls.  I think I'll do a 7 day hair challenge whenever I'm relying too much on my dorky hair claws.

3 comments:

Sarah March 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM  

How fun! These little challenges are good for moms not to get stuck in a rut of looking like the stereotypical "mom". You look lovely =)

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Hanna Lo March 20, 2012 at 12:50 PM  

love the doughnut bun! looks really cute on you kristin :)

Rachel March 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM  

You are so impressive!

I like the sock bun but it often gives me a headache and it NEVER gives me curls the next day. Sad. Maybe I need to figure out how to do a better job.

I LOVE your ponytail with volume. This is actually what I was going for at my wedding, but my hair doesn't like to do volume.

Post a Comment