Instafriday 1/13/11

Friday, January 13, 2012

life rearrangedLinking up with Life Rearranged for another instafriday! The theme of this week was BALLS!  Let me clarify---Tack balls, fabric balls, wool balls, baby toy balls, dog toy balls, balls of cake (cake pops)... I was way too busy to take pics of everything, but here's a snippet:


The centerpieces for my best friend's baby shower.  It was SUCH an incredible day.

 When these wool balls arrived off of etsy (also for Angel's shower), I did the happy dance! 
 Beautifully packaged, even the etsy supply sellers make their items feel like a special gift.  That's why I love etsy so much! (these were made to order in Angel's nursery colors by mylittlekawaii)


 Pesto is Sisi's best friend.
 She loves when he licks off baby food residue from her face.  I should probably prevent it, but I don't.
 Flower shopping, for Angels' shower.  Look at those daffodils!
 And these delicate paperwhites!
 Here's what became of the wool balls- lots of faux craspedia to add to the arrangements.
 My 2nd cameo project, which required like 10 pieces of sacrificial cardstock to get the settings just right.  I think I'm getting a hang of the cameo though!  It's an incredible little gadget.
 My sister's Christmas gift to me- a 3 step mascara process.  Primer, mascara, and these crazy (sorta creepy) little fuzzy hairs that you brush onto your wet lashes. Then repeat.  Normally, I just curl my lashes and walk out the door, but Angel's shower seemed the occasion to try out this lash trilogy. 
It did make my lashes super long and fake looking after just 1 coat. 
 The braised short ribs at Lucques- so melt-in-your -mouth good I wanted to cry, because I know I won't be able to eat them again until I'm rich.  I'll just have to wait, but in the meantime, I've got creamy horseradish on my mind...
How was your week?  This weekend, we'll be helping my mom move into her new beach pad (she is letting me take up prime closet real estate with my surfboard, so hopefully I'll really really really get back into surfing this summer and burn off the remaining baby belly for good)

4 comments:

Denise January 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM  

i use lash extend, works GREAT!

is your dog's name "pesto?" too cute.

Rachel January 13, 2012 at 12:53 PM  

I was so sad that I couldn't be there! Nothing you can do to re-schedule hospital stuff, unfortunately. It looks like you ladies did a lovely job - can't wait to see more photos!

Jeannett January 14, 2012 at 5:38 AM  

1) the dog licking thing is good for her immune system. i don't know that officially, but it's what i tell myself when my dogs do it to my kids. and they haven't died yet, so i think it's safe.

2) the lash thing looks cool...but it kind of scares me too. fuzzy hairs? hmmmm...

3) that shower looks so cute! love the little pom poms...you can get the coolest, most random stuff on etsy! love it!

4) thanks for linking up!

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com January 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM  

love your instagram set! your baby is adorable! and I know how you feel about getting the cameos settings just right... I sacrificed some prime flocked heat transfer the other day. but I'm SO loving the cameo!!

Post a Comment