First Bday Theme

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm not even sure if Joe and I will throw Siena a "real" first birthday party or an outting to someplace cool like the zoo with family.  I'm racking my brain, but I'll spare you the detailed pro's and con's list I made. 

For now, let's suppose I'm throwing Sisi a party.  Before I do any planning whatsoever, we need a theme.

What does Siena really and truly love in this life?  

-Pesto and Basil --> puppy themed party?

via sugar and meringue
via dannyandjess.blogspot.com

-her monster bath toys --> monster themed party?
via bhg.com
hat by justbehappy on etsy

-shiny things --> bling bling party?
via glee projects
clips from giant dwarf on etsy

-healthy food--> cute fruit and vegie themed party?

via weheartit.com
 What do you think, any favorites?  If we skip a party this year, maybe we can go wild with one of these themes next year.  But she'll be such a different baby by then, and maybe she won't even like those things anymore (I hope she still likes the dogs and health food though, or we'll have a problem.)

5 comments:

Anonymous,  October 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

I vote for the monster theme! Those cupcakes and beanie are soooo cute!

Cindy October 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

Love the popsicle...soooo neat! And the dog cookies are to die for. If you're going to do a party, do it sometime before you have a second child...because once you have two, it's a lot harder to do something fancy like these.

Rachel October 10, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

Do it if YOU'LL enjoy it, since you have a few years before Sisi cares at all!

And take full advantage while you can, because she'll probably want parties that are the polar opposite of what you want to do! I think my mom was always horrified by my (tacky) party theme choices as a kid.

Sarah October 11, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

You should have party, It's so fun and she'll love looking back at your pictures. I would do the monster theme if this this month just because of the season. Otherwise I LOVE the sparkle theme.

http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

christina {simply modern weddings} October 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

so so cute!! you can do something really small and intimate with family. i LOVE the pesto basil theme!!

Post a Comment