Siena's Au Natural Baby Shower

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Last weekend I was showered- no, DRENCHED!!! with love.  My dear friend, Angel Swanson, my wonderful sis Jennylyn, and my neighbor and friend, Chie, threw me the most lovely and thoughtful baby shower.  Eye candy, girl talk, and sugary sweets galore.  Good friends from every nook and cranny of life- church, family, high school, college, the wedding biz- were there to support me and Siena.

Since I'm doing a natural birth at home, they went with an "earth mama" woodsy feel for the decor.  Basically, I walked into my house and saw a mini Anthropologie store.  Angel had most of my furniture removed, and replaced it with gorgeous vintage furniture from Found Vintage Rentals (THE place to go for all sorts of vintage decor). She displayed her sweet Anne Wood bird collection in the most lovely bell jars, and even did all the flowers herself.  I was super impressed with her flower-design skills!  Angel promised me she'd "keep it simple" but deep in my heart I knew this would be impossible for her.  Her talent and gift is putting on heart-felt events, and now I have a little taste of the star-treatment her brides must receive from her. I am sure Angel will blog about the design process in detail, so I'll just show off the pictures.

Trista Lerit, who has now captured my wedding and maternity pics, was there working her magic at the shower.  Thank you Trista for always blessing us with your talent at such important life events!

 I wouldn't have minded keeping all that radical furniture.  It actually worked quite well in my house.  Thanks Found!
 All the peonies from the shower still look ruffly and gorgeous, 1 whole week later.
 I got to take sticker pics with each guest (here with my high school friend Rachel from Heart of Light!)
 and then guests affixed the pictures to a special card for Siena.
Generous gifts overflowed from an antique baby crib.
Some of my favorite flowers- it's amazing what you can get in the dead of Winter these days!
 My sister Jennylyn created the most delicious food spread- everything organic and all-natural, of course!  It was all so healthy and yummy!
 I almost had Joe rake and mow the lawn before the shower, but he ran out of time.  I'm so glad he did!  The leaves were a beautiful backdrop for the desserts.

 My sweet friend Mercy and her adorable babygirl.  I hope to be as chill and happy a mom as Mercy is.  She takes Leila everywhere (even on marathons in the jogging stroller!)

 Of course Trista picked out the most stylish, luxe baby dress ever. 
 Look familiar?  I wore practically the same sweater in mustard yellow for my maternity shoot. Twinsies!
 Melody from Sweet and Saucy Shop creates the most beautiful and mouth-watering treats.  Her hand-formed sugar gloriosa lily (my FAVORITE flower) blew my mind, it was so realistic.  The fondant was etched all over it to look like wood grain.  It even sparkled!  Melody also sells beautiful cake stands at her Sweet and Saucy Supply store.

 Cake in a jar, folks!  Perfect for a nutritious breakfast on the go :)  Bad Kristin!
 Chie's genius craft idea- decorating onesies and bibs for Siena.  She even made sure to get all different sized onesies so we'll be well-stocked for the first year.
 Our hapa trio- Trista, me and Angel :)  Although there were at least 7 hapas in attendance that day.  Birds of a feather flock together?
Some of my wonderful friends in the wedding industry- Christina, Trista, Courtney, Angel and Anna.
 
Thank you so much Jennylyn, Angel and Chie for planning the most unforgettable shower.  Praise God for all my friends who were able to make it- Siena will have no shortage of awesome female role-models ;)

Note:  Exactly 1 MONTH until Siena's "guess date" (I don't like the word "due date."  I want her to come whenever she's ready.)

6 comments:

Trista December 19, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

So fun! Glad I got to share in such a special occasion with you! Can't wait to meet your sweet little girl!

Sara December 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Wow.....What a shower!

GOOD idea about calling it a "guess date." I'll totally do that next time.

I'm so excited that you're having a home birth!

Anonymous,  December 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

loved putting on this special shower for you -- cannot wait to meet sweet lil' siena <3

AutumnsFancy December 21, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Wow this looks like a beautiful party! I'm so sad I missed it~ And I could definitely handle one of those cakes in a jar.

Kate January 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

Everything looks perfect! I love the decoration, peonies are my favourites and that cake looks delicious!!

Rachel January 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

It was so lovely, Kris! And a fitting celebration of little Siena. I was honored to be there!

Post a Comment