Favorite (nonmaternity) Maternity T's

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I've been very hesitant to buy maternity clothes throughout my pregnancy.  They are EXPENSIVE, and kinda frumpy and unstylish for the most part. We're on a tight budget, and I hate the thought of buying things I can only wear for a few months.

So I went on Craigslist and bought a huge grab bag filled with gently used maternity clothes for 20.00.  The lady I purchased them from happened to have the exact same body type as me (5'3", slightly pear shaped).  That trash bag of clothes had all the pants I could ever need, including jeans, cargos, capris, and black work pants.  Basically, I paid less than 1.00 for each item in that bag. They call me the Craigslist queen!

Among the few non-Craigslist items I've purchased so far are these soft, slouchy t-shirts from zara. They are flattering and fit nicely over my 8 month belly, have quirky images of animals on them, and are bedazzled with sequins and embroidery.  They're less than 26 bucks a pop.  Best of all, I can definitely wear them after Siena is born!



1 comments:

Sara November 23, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Way to go. Sounds like you totally scored with that bag from craigslist.

I think it's so mean that maternity clothes are so expensive!

Post a Comment